The Board of Trustees will hold a Regular Board Meeting on Tuesday, January 17, 2017. We have a full agenda this Tuesday evening~here are some highlights:
- Odd/Even Numbered Board Elections
- Senate Bill 415 required many school districts to change when board elections are held. This new law effectively requires school districts to move to even numbered year elections. The Board will discuss whether to shorten or extend terms of current board members during this transition.
- Resolution in Support of Undocumented Students and Families in BSD
- BSD is deeply committed to protecting the constitutional rights of all students in our district. BSD welcomes and supports students and families without regard to their immigrant status. The District will protect individual student privacy rights.
- Resolution Recognizing February as National African American History Month
- Resolution Entering Measure M Election Results from November 8, 2016 into the Minutes
- Resolution Expanding the Responsibilities of the Bond Oversight Committee (BOC)
- The District would like the BOC to include reviewing the expenditures of Measure D and M.
- Resolution Approving a Debt Issuance and Management Policy
- Senate Bill 1029 places additional reporting obligations on issuers of debt. In part, this Senate Bill requires that an issuer adopts a policy.
- Resolution Authorizing the Issuance of BSD Election of 2016 General Obligations Bond Series A
- This resolution authorizes the Bonds to be sold to allow the District to finance projects approved under Measure M.
- 2015/2016 District Financial Audit Report
- The Board will receive the audit report that has no findings.
- 2015/2016 Measure D Bond Audit
- The Board will receive the Measure D Bond Audit that is in compliance with all requirements of the bond.
The agenda and supporting documents for all meetings are posted on the district web page.
The Only Way to Get There!
Check out the alternatives to sitting in traffic for getting your child to school. Visit our Safe Routes to School page for information about bus routes, and Youth Clipper Cards, traffic flow maps, walking and bicycling resources and other useful alternative transportation resources.